MSB conducts operations in Stockholm, Karlstad and Kristinehamn, as well as at our locations in Sandö, Revinge and Rosersberg, where we conduct training. MSB has approximately 1200 employees.
MSB is a unanimity authority, with transparency advice. In a unilateral authority, the authority is headed by a head of authority, who is responsible for the activities before the government. The government appoints the Director General, the Deputy Director General and the transparency council.
The responsible ministry is the Ministry of Justice.
The authority's organization
The authority is headed by a head of authority who is the Director General.
The authority has eight departments, internal audit and the management support to the director general.
- Administration Department
- Civil Preparedness Department
- Civil Protection Department
- Communications Department
- Cybersecurity and Secure Communications Department
- International Coordination Department
- Legal Affairs Department
- Response and Operations Department
Latest reviewed: 4 October 2023